Apple Butter Frosting Recipe
While you may be tempted to skip this apple butter frosting recipe and just slather plain apple butter on your cupcakes (and I couldn’t blame you), I highly recommend giving the apple butter frosting a try. It’s got brown sugar, apple butter, and cinnamon and is perfect for any Fall cupcake or for eating with a spoon! It’s sweet, but not too sweet, and if you love apple butter (like me), you may have found your new favorite frosting.
This is one of those recipes that came out of my head and worked perfectly the very first time I tried it. It’s a good day when that happens!
- 1/4 C apple butter
- 1/4 C butter
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 2 T milk
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1 C sifted powdered sugar
- In a saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the apple butter and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat to medium low.
- Continue to boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the milk and the cinnamon and bring to a boil, still stirring constantly.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and beat until thick enough to spread.
Apple Butter Recipe
I went the lazy route and bought my apple butter at the store. However, if you would like to make your own apple butter, check out these sites for apple butter recipes: