Aubergine cream a’la Nóra
As far as I know the typical Hungarian aubergine cream originated from Transylvania, but for today the wide choice of the different aubergine creams can be found in the Hungarian gastronomic culture and also in the Hungarian restaurants. For example in some recipes, you may find the influence of Turkish flavors too. But to be honest I love mostly my own version 🙂
Take a look at my special recipe!
2 pieces of middle aubergine
1 middle onion (or a half big onion)
2 slices of green pepper
2 or 3 slices of tomato
2 or 3 big cloves of garlic
1 tbs mustard
salt and black pepper (to taste)
1 tea spoon fresh lemon juice
1. Peel and slice the aubergines.
2. Cut the other vegetables into pieces.
3. Heat olive oil in wok and put in the sliced vegetables.
4. Sauté the vegetables until tender.
5. Liquidize the vegetables to create a smooth cream.
6. Add the spices and smash well.
7. Serve with toast or with fresh baguette!