Beer Cheese Cupcakes with Bacon Cheddar Cream Cheese Frosting: The Ultimate Super Bowl Cupcake
Beer and cheese dip show up at every Super Bowl party. Beer cheese Super Bowl cupcakes are sure to be a new and unique (to say the least) addition to the same old thing. Oh, and let’s not forget that these Super Bowl cupcakes are topped with bacon and cheddar cream cheese frosting. Can you say artery clogging?
Beer Cheese Super Bowl Cupcake Review
The house smelled amazing throughout the entire cupcake process. First, there were smells of beer and cheese. It basically smelled like beer cheese soup. Then, there were smells of bacon.
The taste was sweet and smoky with a hint of beer.
But, Don’t Let Your Super Bowl Cupcake Baking Stop Here
Read on for the beer cheese Super Bowl Cupcake recipe, but be sure to also check out my buffalo chicken cupcakes and my chocolate cupcakes baked inside of egg shells that look like footballs.
Beer Cheese Super Bowl Cupcake Recipe
I came up with the recipe by modifying the recipe I used for chocolate stout cupcakes which was a modification of Big City, Little Kitchen’s Guinness cupcakes.
Yield: About 18 cupcakes
- 1 cup beer (I used Bud Select. I’m not usually a Bud gal, but they do sponsor the Super Bowl, so I had to go there.)
- 1 stick, plus 1 tb, unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated cheddar (I’d go for the good stuff here. Get something nice and sharp, not the cheap stuff that comes shredded in a bag.)
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tb vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Heat beer and butter in a large saucepan on medium-high heat until butter is melted.
- Add cheddar.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the sour cream with the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix the sour cream mixture into the beer mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Fold flour mixture into the batter.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 fill.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes, or until inserted cake tester comes out clean.
Bacon Cheddar Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar
- 1 cup bacon bits (I made my own by cooking some bacon in a glass pan in the microwave for 3 minutes between paper towels and food processing it.)
- Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Add grated cheddar.
- Slowly mix in powdered sugar.
- Stir in bacon bits.
How to Make Football Cupcake Toppers
I learned how to make football cupcake toppers from a post on Team Sugar. It’s simply a chocolate covered almond with white decorator gel on it. It’s so easy and so cute!
Final Words on the Super Bowl
Since St. Louis isn’t in the game, I’ve got to cheer for NY. Go NY GO! FYI – The only reason I know NY is even in the game is because my friend mentioned it in her Super Bowl party invitation.
If You Like the Concept of Bacon in Cupcakes
You may also want to consider:
- Vanilla Garlic’s Maple Bacon Cupcakes with with Maple Frosting
- Cupcake Bakeshop’s Sweet Corn, Maple, and Bacon Cupcakes
- Ooh you tasty little things’ Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies with Maple Cinnamon Glaze
Hmm… did I miss the memo that all bacon desserts must have maple?
If You Like the Concept of Beer in Cupcakes
You may also want to consider:
- Chocolate Stout Cupcakes
- Trappist Cupcakes
- Hefeweizen Cupcakes
- Big City, Little Kitchen’s Guinness Cupcakes
Happy Super Bowl!