Buttercream Frosting Recipe – Orange Frosting
This buttercream frosting recipe for orange buttercream frosting is sweet and tangy. I love how the little orange bits look in the buttercream frosting swirl. Orange buttercream frosting would be a great way to fancy up a plain vanilla cupcake. I sort of did that on my next cupcake, but with a surprising twist – stay tuned!
Orange buttercream frosting would also be great on mimosa cupcakes or with any clove cupcake.
Orange Buttercream Frosting Recipe
The orange buttercream frosting is a Cupcake Project original recipe.
- 1/2 C (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 3 oz (about 1/3 C) orange marmalade (try to find one with orange bits in it)
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 T heavy cream
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t orange extract
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Beat in marmalade.
- Beat in powdered sugar.
- Add heavy cream and extracts.
- Taste and smile. It should frost about 12 cupcakes, depending on how much you use.