Chilled Veggie Soup
- 2 ¼ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup fresh or frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 3 scallions sliced
- 1 celery stalk sliced
- ½ pound fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tsp fat free half and half
- Bring broth, edamame, water, scallions and celery to boil in saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until tender…10-15 minutes. Uncover and add sugar snap peas and return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until snap peas are crisp tender, 2 minutes.
- Puree mixture in blender in batches. Transfer puree to large bowl, stir in mint. Let soup cool to room temperature, then refrigerate 3-24 hours.
- To serve divide into 4 bowls. Drizzle each with 1 tsp of half and half and use a knife to marbleize.
4 Points Plus