Clam Dip with garlic
- 1 can (8 ounces) minced clams
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- drop or two of Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- Drain clams, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice.
- Rub a medium serving bowl with the garlic halves.
- Add cream cheese; beat with fork until smooth.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and the reserved 1/4 cup of clam juice. Blend well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups of clam dip.