Grass-fed Kielbasa with Sweet and Sour Cabbage
One of my favorites was sweet and sour cabbage. It is as good with dinner as it is with lunch and I love how well it compliments sausage. What I love most about this combination is that it makes traditionally heavy ingredients fresh, fulfilling and surprisingly light.
Sweet and Sour Cabbage
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 head small red cabbage(about 1-1.5lbs)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- Cut cabbage in half. Slice very, very thinly.
- In a dutch oven melt butter.
- Sautee cabbage for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, then vinegar simmer at a very low heat for 40 minutes.
- Season and enjoy!