New Piglets, Potato Harvest and a Zucchini Bake
I help with planting and harvest which is actually quite fun. Also, we love to go over seeds together in the winter. The potatoes are my favorite because I love, love new potatoes. We had planned to harvest them all this week but we felt they might benefit from a few more weeks in the ground. So, I harvested a few and also dug up some beets, Japaneses bunching onions, garlic and shallots along with zucchini some of which were pretty over grown. My mom makes a very delicate and delicious gluten free zucchini bake with eggs, Parmesan and grated “monster” zucchini. Fantastic, last night she did not add the Parmesan and it was even more delicious! Perfect for a dressed up lunch or a side for dinner.
- 3-4 cups of grated zucchini(you can use large ones for this)
- 4 eggs
- olive oil
- Grate zucchini and drain.
- In a large skillet saute zucchini in olive oil until soft. About ten minutes let cool.
- preheat oven to 350
- In a pretty baking dish place cooked zucchini
- beat 4 eggs
- pour eggs over zucchini
- cook for 30-40 minutes at 350 until the top is golden brown