Party Cheese Ball
This is an easy and tasty appetizer for any gathering- family, football, social gathering. The nice thing is that you can really mix and match ingredients in cream cheese and create just what you want.
So I’m going to give you the recipe (from Kraft) and then suggest changes you may want to make.
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened ( I use 1/3 fat)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 Tbsp. finely chopped onions
1 Tbsp. chopped red bell peppers
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. lemon juice
Dash ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 cup chopped Pecans
BEAT cream cheese and Cheddar cheese in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
MIX in all remaining ingredients except pecans; cover. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
SHAPE into ball; roll in pecans. Serve with assorted crackers.
- I used jarred roasted red peppers which added a great smoky flavor wo the Worchestershire sauce.
- Shredded Gouda or Bleu Cheese instead of Cheddar- both are flavorful, bold cheeses.
- Use pimentos instead of peppers.
- I think that pickle relish may even be tasty.
- Use slivered almonds instead of pecans. Chopped peanuts would also be tasty.
- You could also roll it in crushed crackers or toasted bread crumbs.
- Serve with celery, carrots or pepper strips.
- Roll into a log or individual mini-cheeseballs. Make it into a football shape for Super Bowl. Or mold it for specific holidays or celebrations. (To remove from the mold dip mold in warm water for a minute or two.)