bellies of rabbit cut in four
harslets of the rabbit: kidneys, lungs, heart, liver
80 g of carrot
80 g of parsley root (or a bunch of parsley leaves)
5 cm of leek
1/4 of onion
20 g butter
1 dl cream (30%)
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of pepper
1 teaspoon cognac – optional
noodles or other pasta
- Cut in four the belly of rabbit and cook them in 2 liter water in small fire. Add salt too. Let it stand.
- Cut in four the rabbit lung, cut in half the kidneys and heart. Slice the liver in small pieces.
- Cut the leek, carrot and parsley-root into rings. Chop the onion small pieces.
- Warm the butter in another pan, add the carrots, leeks and parsley-roots, braise them for few minutes. Pour the soup in the vegetables, put the chops in the soup too. Add salt if neccessary, pinch of ground nutmeg and ground pepper. Put the lungs, kidneys, hearts and mushroom in the soup and cook them for 20 minutes.
- Add the noodles and the livers, cook the soup 10 minutes.
- Pour the cream and cognac in the soup, boil them for 2-3 minutes. Chop the parsley and tarragon leaves, add them into soup.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.