Scotch Bonnet Poppers
- 25 Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- 1 pound Meat (2/3 Beef, 1/3 Pork)
- 1 egg
- 20 cloves chopped Garlic
- 1 Cup Atomic Wing Marinade (See Atomic Chicken Wings recipe)
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tbsp Chipotle Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Beer
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Mint
- 3 Limes
- 13 Pieces of Crushed Pineapple
- 1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt
- Start by putting on a pair of gloves for handling the peppers. Take the peppers and cut the tops off and remove the seeds. Now it is time to work on the filling.
- Put your one pound of meat into a bowl. Next break one egg into the bowl, and add the garlic and Atomic Wing Marinade into the bowl. Mix everything together. Now it is time to stuff the peppers.
- Use a spoon and place a tablespoon of the meat mixture into each pepper. Next it’s time to work on the tempura batter.
- Start by sprinkling the peppers with a little bit of flour so that the peppers have a little traction and so the batter will stick. Then in a separate bowl add 2 Cups of Flour, 1 Tbsp Chipotle Powder, Cracked Black Pepper, Italian seasoning and a 1/2 Cup of beer. Mix the ingredients together and then add the peppers into the tempura batter. Make sure that the peppers are fully coated in the batter.
- Place the peppers into the oil in the fryer, using a skimmer to turn the peppers every few minutes. When done let cool on a paper towel.
- Now it is time to make the Yogurt dipping sauce. Start by placing your fresh cilantro and mint in boiling water and let boil for 45 seconds. Take out and place cilantro and mint into a bowl of ice water. Now take the mint and cilantro and wring out the water and place in the blender. Then squeeze the juice out of the three limes into the blender followed by the pineapple and puree the mixture. Next add the yogurt and let the blender go for about 2 minutes so that everything is pureed. The dipping sauce is now done.
Serve peppers with sauce and enjoy.