Steak and Eggs with Salsa Verde and Fontina
- 1 1/2 pound Skirt Steak
- 1 tsp sweet or smoked Parika
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Ground Pepper
- 3 cups medium-hot salsa verde
- 8 eggs
- 6 oz Fontina Cheese, coursely grated
- Fresh Mint Sprigs for garnish
- Heat the broiler, Rub steak with Paprika, Salt and Pepper.
- Pout Salsa Verde into a heavy 12 inch skillet with a lid. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium.
- Carefully break efggs directly into skillet with salsa. Mound cheese over each egg. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until eggs whites are set and yolkss are still a little runny.
- Broil steak until medium rare, about 2 minuts on each side. Let stand to rest.
- Slice Steak and serve with eggs, salsa verde and mint.
Makes 8 Servings
Calories 330, Protein 20g, Chlorestoerol 275mg, Protein 29g, Carbs 7g, Fiber 0g, Sodium 1120mg