Toasted Quinoa Salad With Lemon and Herbs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 10 oz uncooked quinoa
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ cup watercress, fresh, chopped
- 1 TBSP thyme, chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- Heat 1 tsp oil in large skillet over medium heat, add quinoa and toast in oil until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add water, cover and reduce heat to low. Let steam for 15 minutes.
- Place toasted, steamed quinoa in large bowl and add remaining ingredients, mix well. Let sit 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve at room temperature
5 Points Plus Each