Tomato, Squash and Feta Gratin
- 6 ounces zucchini, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 6 ounces yellow squash, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped oregano
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 12 ounces tomatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400o F. Lightly oil a 6-inch diameter ovenproof sauté pan.Toss zucchini with salt and pepper. Toss yellow squash with salt and pepper. In a bowl, mix the scallions, garlic, oregano and feta cheese.
- Lay zucchini slices in pan, slightly overlapping them like shingles. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with a layer of tomatoes, slightly overlapping. Sprinkle with ½ of scallion mixture. Top with a layer of yellow squash, then another layer of tomatoes; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with remaining scallion mixture. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place sauté pan on a sheet pan in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the top is slightly browned. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
Weight Watchers = 2 points plus*