Warning: Only Eat This Cupcake with Miracle Fruit
Miracle Fruit Cupcakes
I made special cupcakes just for the miracle fruit flavor tripping party: grapefruit lime cupcakes topped with goat cheese. The kicker is that they have NO SUGAR. By no sugar I don’t mean that they have some kind of sugar substitute or honey or agave, I mean there is nothing sweet in them except the natural sugar in grapefruit and lime.
Prior to eating a miracle fruit, the cupcakes didn’t taste as bad as I thought they would. They tasted a bit like a somewhat sour biscuit. After eating the miracle berry, the cupcake tasted – like a cupcake! It was much sweeter and the goat cheese tasted like a mildly sweet frosting!
Miracle Berry Cupcake Recipe
Makes 8 cupcakes
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1/2 C (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 C grapefruit juice
- 1/4 C lime juice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C plain yogurt
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream the butter. (It was so weird to cream the butter without adding sugar!)
- Add the juices.
- Mix in the egg.
- Slowly add the flour mixture.
- Mix in the yogurt until just incorporated.
- Fill the cupcake liners almost to the top. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
Miracle Berry Frosting Recipe
- Goat cheese
- Spread goat cheese on the cupcakes. (That’s it! No sugar, no butter, no whipping!)